We’re going back to the basics! It’s easy to infuse cannabis into your butters, fats, and oils with the sous vide technique. You can even cook various infusions in the same water bath since they’re sealed in individual bags. There’s no more need to babysit an open flame, stovetop, or crockpot. This technique is simple and discreet–no smell!
Sous Vide Cannabis-Infused Butter
Makes 16 oz
• 16 oz butter – melted
• 1 oz cannabis clippings, trim or flowers (add more or less depending on your desired potency)
- Set your sous vide water bath to 85ºC (185ºF). Wait until the water reaches temp.
- In a freezer-safe, zip-sealed bag, add your cannabis and melted butter. Push all the air out of the bag, seal, and submerge in the water.
- Sous vide for 4 hours.
- Remove from water bath and strain. Discard the clippings and allow the infused butter to cool and solidify.
- Use the cannabis butter for cooking and baking. Store in the fridge.