Pumpkin spice season is upon us and I don’t care how basic that makes me sound! This also means dry, frigid weather which can wreak havoc on your poor skin. Luckily, fresh pumpkin offers amazing benefits for you inside and out, which is all the more reason why you should get your pumpkin spice on. Pumpkin is jam-packed with vitamin C, vitamin K, and vitamin E which boosts collagen production and gives you that healthy, youthful glow. After joining the 30’s club, I’ve started adding additional spoonfuls of collagen powder in my smoothies because I’m terrified of wrinkles but I’m not quite ready for botox! Pro tip-save some pumpkin puree and whisk it together with an egg to use as a rejuvenating face mask.
Medicated Pumpkin Spice Smoothie
• ½ cup of pumpkin puree (I used kabocha squash)
• ½ cup coconut milk
• ¼ cup water
• 1 banana, frozen
• 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
• 2 Tbsp Sous Weed Honey
• 1 Tbsp collagen powder, optional
• 1 cup ice
• Toasted coconut for garnish, optional
1. In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Drizzle with a little coconut milk and top with toasted coconut.