Calling all edible enthusiasts–we’ve got the dankest mouth-watering recipes for you! Each month we scour the internet for some of the most delicious cannabis edible recipes for you to try at home in our Dank Dishes column. The edible industry continues to inspire us with palate-pleasing cannabis plates that taste as good as they feel. Chefs from all over the world are putting their culinary powers to the test by creating edible weed meals, and we’re here to deliver those recipes to you.
If you are a native to California like me, avocado is almost a mandatory ingredient for most meals. Now avocado toast has become a breakfast must and a regular on nearly every brunch menu. Aside from their irresistible taste, avocados contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals and offer tons of wellness benefits, from heart and vision health to improved digestions and disease-fighting agents.
We decided to take this hearty, and highly delicious, breakfast dish and add our favorite healing plant to the mix for the ultimate cannabis-infused avocado toast, inspired by seasoned cannabis food blogger Steph Van De Ven of Cannadish.
- 1 Whole avocado cut in half, pit removed
- 1 Raw egg
- 1 T cannabutter (43.75-87.5 grams of THC)
- 2-4 Slices toasted bread (we love sourdough)
- 1 T garlic salt
- 1 Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 Dash of crushed red pepper flakes for a little extra spice
- 1 T of mayonnaise optional (spring for spicy mayo for even more kick)
- In a small cooking pot, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Once water is boiling, gently place the whole egg, cover and gently boil for 6-7 minutes over medium-high heat (I like to soft boil my eggs but adjust to your liking).
- While the egg cooks, fill a small bowl with cold water and ice.
- In a separate small bowl, combine avocado, cannabutter, garlic salt, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Gently mash with the back of a fork until well-blended. (I tend to like it chunkier, but blend to your liking.)
- When the egg is done cooking, transfer it to the ice water and chill until just slightly warm–about 2 minutes.
- Gently crack the egg all over with a spoon and peel under running water.
- Spread the avocado mash onto your favorite toast and top with red pepper flakes. Cut the soft boiled egg into fourths and top your toast with the cut egg.
- Now enjoy!