Calling all edible enthusiasts–we’ve got the dankest dishes and mouth-watering edible recipes for you!
Each week we’ll be scouring the internet trying to treat our taste buds to some of the most delicious cannabis recipes. This week, we bring you a sweet and savory chocolate brownie dessert bar, courtesy of Cannabismo. (This recipe can also be replicated as a vegan dessert by substituting honey with maple syrup).
Edible skeptics, fear not; this heavenly treat will satisfy your sweet tooth while getting you high and feeling fine. Try this recipe for yourself and let us know what you think!
Edible Chocolate Goodie Bar Recipe
Total prep and cooking time: 45 minutes
1 T (15ml) Olive oil (or oil of your choice)
1/16 oz (1.75g) Dried cannabis
We used our tasty 99 Cookies hybrid flower
1 c (225g) Honey (or maple syrup)
Syrup is highly recommended!
1 c (225g) Nut butter
We used almond butter
1 c (110g) Shredded coconut
1 c (110g) Cocoa or carob powder
We suggest the carob powder!
- Using a lightly greased frying pan, crumble and lightly saute the weed in the oil, stir continually, for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and let sit while you complete the next steps.
- In a small pot, warm honey or syrup with nut butter over low heat, stirring often. As soon as it’s warmed through, remove the mixture from heat.
- Stir shredded coconut and cocoa or carob powder into warmed honey and nut butter. Mix well until fully combined. The dough should feel a tad drier than cookie dough and be able to be rolled into a ball. (It should not be liquid. If you use maple syrup, the mixture may be thinner; thicken by stirring in a bit more powder or coconut.)
- Transfer the mixture to a shallow baking sheet or glass baking dish and press down firmly. (The size of the pan is not important. A larger pan will yield thinner bars and with a smaller pan they’ll be thicker, so it’s up to the chef.) Use a spatula to press down the mixture until it’s flat and even.
- Freeze for 30 minutes or until solid. Slice into eight to ten bars (or if you’re looking for a smaller dose cut into 20 mini bars) and serve up cold.
Make it your own: Feel free to add chopped nuts, a chocolate drizzle, powdered sugar or any delectable garnish of your liking.
Don’t let these tasty treats fool you; they are still packed with highly potent THC, so eat mindfully. Try half a bar first and wait one or two hours for full effect.
We hope you enjoy your edible cooking and consuming experience. Come back next week for our next recipe!