I was raised on baby back ribs and smoked brisket drenched in warm, homemade, Texas-style barbecue sauce. IMHO, it’s not a BBQ without it. It’s wet, sweet, with a hint of heat, and guaranteed to steal the spotlight at your next cookout.
Add a side of grilled corn with medicated chili-lime butter, and you’ve got a menu that’ll knock everyone’s socks off.
Chef’s Note: Always remember to label your medicated items clearly and keep away from children at all times. These dishes are designed to be low-dose, but as with all edibles, start with a single serving and wait 30-60 minutes for full effects before you have a second.
Cannabis-Infused Texas-Style BBQ Sauce
- 1 small onion, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Sous Weed cannabutter
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- In a saucepan, heat the water, brown sugar, molasses, ketchup and tomato sauce to a simmer.
- Add the onion, garlic and celery. Simmer on low heat for 8 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, then add all other remaining ingredients and spices.
- Puree until smooth. Add additional chili powder, salt and pepper if needed.
- Use BBQ sauce to brush onto baby back ribs or warm slightly to drizzle onto smoked brisket and grilled meats. Store sauce in refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for later use.